Saturday 15 August 2009

There Is No Small Part To Play


http://flic.kr/p/578hfp
 Friday 15th May 2009
I was quite surprised how few people from Wellspring knew I was back. I returned with very limited credit on my mobile – which was used trying to get my landline reinstated and trying to make contact with R G Carter's and employment agencies. As my first week progressed I bumped into people in the town from church who would have walked past me had I not spoken (they weren't expecting to see me so didn't register it was me!). It turned out for the good in a way as it meant I met people slowly and got back into things at a slower pace.
It is really odd feeling being back in my house – it is so big. I cannot get used to not having the cat or rabbit about. The fish are getting special treatment as I'm not distracted by other animals. Sarah and Andy have done a smashing job looking after them. One poor fish waited for me to return before he died.
It's the end of the first week and I have my landline back – I feel more connected. I've set myself a little challenge – not to connect the tv's to the aerials until I'm working – one less expense to worry about. I'm not too sure I'll be able to do that – knowing CSI is on and not watching it will be difficult.
I'm beginning to realise what a daunting task I have ahead of me – sharing my news about moving to Belfast to help with the church plant and getting the house let. Looking around the place I'm wondering what I need to sell and what I can take with me to Belfast. At the moment I'm hoping to get a temping job/s to finance redecorating and getting jobs done and to be out in Belfast by September. I'm unsure where to start on the house. First things first, it really needs a good dusting and hoover then I can start clearing things.
I have a desperate need to worship and to praise God – there is so much I need to thank Him for. I'm off to hunt out my hi-fi to put on my worship songs (where did I put them??)
I've been questioning how to reconnect with church and move forwards. Again I feel like I'm part of 2 churches (at times it feels like 3 but have to concentrate on the here and now and the future, not the past). God's reminded me there's no small part to play in the body of Christ. We are ALL a separate but necessary part – unique. God has made us this way for a reason. We each have our own role – if we don't do it no-one else is able to do it for us. What would the body of Christ miss out if you don't step out?
I have amazing peace about being out of work. Even after ringing R G Carter's and finding out there's been another run of redundancies I'm still at peace. I know God has provided a job for me – the right job for me and He'll sustain and provide for me until then.
I have spent lots of time this evening praying for the church plant. I thought it would be a quick run through of a list of people but how wrong was I? I was trying to write the prayers down in my journal but have been unable to keep up. I won't write them down as some things may be personal to them (one of these days I may ask you if these were relevant prayer requests at the time – not ready to ask you yet!).
I have an amazing sense that the power of the Holy Spirit being experienced at Citygroup is a small foretaste of so much more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment