Saturday 15 August 2009

Oh Yeah!

http://tiny.cc/ndtwcw
Wednesday 5th August 2009
Citygroup was at Oh Yeah Centre, the venue we will be using from September and will be using when we launch. It was great to get to see it. It felt like home. Already we seem to be outgrowing Pizza Express which is great as we are unable to use that from September. I'm wondering how long until our Sunday service outgrows this venue.We discussed what would be happening from September onwards. There are few developments. I'm really excited to find out how this will impact the church.
We are starting to have Small Groups – not in the sense of a home/cell group but as an evangelistic tool. Activity based groups meeting fortnightly gathering like-minded people. An opportunity to find out what we are like – building relationships outside of the church. I'm having difficulty deciding which one I want to go to. There will be (at the moment) family based group, book club, film club, pool ladder and periodically a food/drink activity. I'd love to spend time learning to play pool as the last games I had I was so much better than I have been and beat the boys as well (I'm sure they were playing properly!). I'd like to do the book one but not if I have to read books over fortnight – not good at pressured reading! Film club – are the films going to be varied? I like films but don't get to see many so it'd be good to catch up on them. I'm going to have to ask the people running the group to get some answers to these questions. Hopefully that'll make it a bit easier to make a decision!
We were also told about the development of three-person-discipleship-groups. This is a great idea. I have got to the point where I need to get back into discipleship and this is a great idea. The groups can evolve as the church grows. I'm not sure this is set in stone but I'm happy with the provisional choice of group members I'm with. Trish, Charis and myself are one group. I had come to the peaceful realisation before coming to live here that Trish won't be discipling me as she'll have lots of other things to do. So to learn that we may be in a group together is great – must find out when I'll know this is a group.
I love the way the church is looking towards the bigger picture. It must be an easier route to only look at the immediate situation but if you start doing that it's difficult to change things. By having systems in place early on when we hit the growth these systems are established and will help develop and strengthen the church instead of isolating members.

No comments:

Post a Comment