Saturday 15 August 2009

Step By Step

http://flic.kr/p/4MfuGS
Friday 26th June 2009
What an amazing couple of days I've had. I've been blown away.
I have been blessed again. I needed to buy some paint to start decorating earlier in the week and was trying to find the cheapest shop as I didn't have much money. I looked on the mat at the front door – there was an envelope with money in (enough money to get paint and to buy some decent food). Thank You Lord Jesus for your provision and perfect timing. I ask You to bless the mystery giver(s).
I rang Steggles-Larner, a letting agency a couple of my friends are using, earlier in the week and had Chris Larner come round yesterday lunchtime. I explained I had more cleaning, tidying and decorating to do but wanted to know what else I'd need to do to let ou the house. I explained I was going on 11th July and understand it may take a while to find someone. I instructed him to act as agents – I've made a commitment to get things done by then – was that a good idea? Only time will tell.

I slept well that night – having painted most of the living room. I got up the next morning and continued. I figured out that if I could finish downstairs on the Friday upstairs would have to be done over the weekend and I can start packing things up then. It's going to be tight and may mean not much sleep but I've got to do it.
At lunchtime on Friday Steggles-Larner called to say the family really liked the house and want to rent it. Wow, I'm amazed. It gets better. They realised I had lots of decorating to do and wondered if I would reduce the rent for 2 months to enable them to buy paint and decorate to their colours. I think I said Yes before she had even finished speaking. Such a blessing. Such a weight off my mind. The next thing on the list was working out how to get cheap carpets as the one's down are quite dirty. Do I try to get someone to clean or buy new to start with? Not sure I have the money to get new ones but will have to find it somewhere. I'm running out of time. I could feel myself starting to get stressed so turned to prayer again – just a quick one.
Then the phone rang – it was Steggles-Larner again saying they'd arrange to get the carpets cleaned and check the house is clean prior to them moving in. Of course, not doing it free of charge but at least it's something less for me. Not that I'm going to leave it dirty but if I run out of time it's not a problem.
Hallelujah – my expectation for prayers being answered is rising again. It's making me want to stop all work and just pray and pray and pray.
At around 2pm Thursday after I had a phone call requesting a viewing that evening. I said yes as long as they can see past the work I'm in the middle of. They came round about 6pm. I was a little stressed but had the feeling this was a God-incidence – God was working in this viewing. I was trying hard not to get too excited about this because they may not make a decision for a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment