Friday 8 July 2011

Penultimate leg of homeward journey

http://tiny.cc/r3swcw
Getting home is feeling like a marathon - not that I know what one feels like. I think it's due to lack of sleep. I tried to doze during my 6 hour wait. I sat on my case which was on a trolley. Thankfully the brakes worked. I half expected me to be somewhere different when I woke up. I am sooo glad I packed my blanket. After helping Naomi get the boys and things to the car it started to hail quite heavy. I got soaked.

I am amazed and happy at how great the twins coped with the journey. They woke up as soon as we got to the airport. They were so tired. With so many new things to see there was no way they'd settle. Even then they were really good. When we took off they fell asleep. Naomi and I stretched out with one each to relax a bit. I dozed again but it's not the same as sleeping in my bed.

I was a little sad leaving Serbia. It always finds a place in my heart. When I met up with Vesna on Wednesday she asked what she could do to get me over more regularly! Bless her. It has more to do with me keeping tight control on finances and annual leave.

It has inspired me again to get back learning the language. I'm hoping the more I learn and try the more sense cases will make - at least have a bit more knowledge which one's it could be instead of randomly picking. Back to basics again, me thinks. It would be great to have a conversation instead of understanding what they've asked but cannot reply. That'd be a good place to get to.

Just under an hour before the flight leaves to Dublin. I just want to get home now. I'm totally exhausted.

"Show me the way to go home, I'm tired and want to go to bed"
Sent from my BlackBerry smartphone from Virgin Media

No comments:

Post a Comment