Wednesday 6 July 2011

Good film line becomes reality

http://tiny.cc/78h0y
Have you watched "My big fat greek wedding"? There's a line something like this "He doesn't eat meat?...that's ok, we'll cook him lamb". It's such a funny line.

I've now been here 5 days - well, today's 6. I've been explaining I don't eat meat since I've arrived. I'm also having to watch my intolerances so added them to the list. Serbian's do not understand that I don't want to pick out the meat. I've been offered cooked vegetables in a rabbit stew. They eventually said the veg taste like rabbit but I won't be eating the meat. Then last night they made me a pizza with cheese and tomatoes - 2 intolerances I cannot eat. We went to the health food shop the other day which I forgot about so started creating. I was offered polenta cake which sounded lovely. My dinner was ready so dished up, up came the polenta. Milos said I'd have to scoop out some of the bits. I thought they were tomato but turned out to be ham. Not again!

I'm not sure why they don't listen. There are lots of Serbians I know who will listen to you and even if it's a completely different view respect that view. It's so hard - I know it's even harder if this is what you have to live with (honey, you're amazing). It's wearing me down and it's not even a week.

Yet at the same time these guys cannot do enough for you. May not be what you want but they do it anyway. It would be quite comical if it wasn't so often.

Naomi, the twins and I popped into the church in Nis yesterday. They were having a mum & toddler group. It was great to see so many attending. They have asked us to pray for this group. They want to do this twice a month from September. The church is being transformed. Downstairs looks fantastic. The room layouts the same but I never thought it could look this good. They are definitely getting themselves on the map!

Today I'm off to see Vesna in Nis after her exam. I couldn't come all this way, be 30 mins from her home town without seeing her. It'll be great. Better go get ready!
Sent from my BlackBerry smartphone from Virgin Media

No comments:

Post a Comment