Saturday 3 January 2009

One Sleep To Go


http://flic.kr/p/5pGcyx
 I use that term lightly - not sure if I'm going to get much sleep tonight as I still need to finish off some things at home and to finish packing. 20kg sounds quite a lot until you try to put clothes and craft material together. It's surprising how little there is. I haven't packed my toiletries yet and I'm fast approaching the limit. For a girl who loves shoes I'm only taking one pair of ballerina pumps. It's really hard trying to work out the best things to take for 5 months when it's snowing at the moment but it's difficult to know when the weathers going to warm up. And we (Naomi and I) are leaving early hours on Monday for the first flight out of Gatwick. I cannot see us getting much sleep then.
The exchange rate is causing some concern. I changed up some cash yesterday to make sure we could get from the airport to the bus, the bus to Ni
š
-->. Wow, under 1 Euro to 1 Pound. Ouch, that's really tightening an already tight belt. This is the first time I'm taking notice of what is happening to the economy. I can only pray things improve slightly and my budgeting skills are spot on. I'm trying to work out how I can afford to have Serbian lessons. I'll see what the language school has to offer and take it from there.
The animals are off on holiday. I have had to give up my rabbit which is a shame. But I left her at Melsop Farm Park making friends with guinea pigs. I felt a bit better after seeing her settled in a bit. I pray she will be bought by a loving family. Sooty, my cat, was picked up earlier this evening. It's strange being at home and not having him here. Just shows how much company he was (still is!). There are some very strange noises that I used to put down to the animals but it's not them! Just as well I'm busy tonight - the noises won't bother me too much!
I've been trying to focus on what my time in Serbia is going to be like but I don't like trying to box it into categories. I feel really open to what God wants me to do and where and how. I'm so excited about new experiences and to see how much I will grow. I know there are going to be some challenges and I sure the challenges are going to be bigger than I think they could be but isn't that part of stepping out? I'm really excited about hearing about the changes back home as well, as individuals and as churches regionally and nationally. So go on, make time and let me know how you're getting on.

No comments:

Post a Comment