Tuesday 4 May 2010

What love


tiny.cc/908bf


I give only one of my sins
and leave it at the cross
One of many I could chose from
If we all did that imagine the pain and anguish
at the cross
on the cross


Yet, Jesus Christ didn't only take one of my sins
He took all my sin
He took all mankind's sins
I cannot imagine the pain and anguish
the suffering He felt that day
He knew what He must endure
and the reason He must endure
From the beginning of time
He knew what was to come
He saw the bigger picture
He felt the betrayal
He felt every lash from the whip
He felt every fist, every foot beating Him
He felt every thorn thrust upon His head
He felt the weight of the cross
as He carried it to Golgotha
He felt every time the three stakes were hit
To pierce His wrists, His feet
Each bang on the stakes
We hit them
With our sin
because of our sin
He felt His Heavenly Father's wrath
Obedient to death
God's Will to be done
What love He had-He has for us
To endure that for us
For me
(c) Caf Mowbs 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment