Friday 24 April 2009

No April Fool

We had a Wednesday evening free from any planned activities. I've been trying to hold a film night for the girlies for ages and most of them are only free on a Wednesday. We normally have Communion one week followed by Student night alternately so to have a free Wednesday was an opportunity not to be missed. At first the guest list was only 3 but including Tracy and I we had 9 over for dinner.
The film didn't end up happening but after having chats, dinner and playing games it was still a great night. There was a mixture of believers and non-believers. It was so good to see them all mixing. One of my students came along which was great as she may be encouraged to attend a student night now. We had to ask them to leave as they needed to catch the last bus. We listened to them going downstairs and they were all laughing. I felt God was here with us tonight and something has grown among them. Watch this space.
I spent a good few days with my brother and family. It was great to catch up with them and spend quality time there. I also enjoyed catching up with some friends back in Essex – 4 of them I haven't seen for 4 years since I left. It was also an opportunity to reflect on my time in Serbia.
I realise that some of my blog has been about my struggles here – but I felt I needed to be honest about things. It has been very isolating here at times but the good moments have really made up for it. It took a while for things to develop but I feel they are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment