Friday 13 March 2009

Shaken, not stirred

http://flic.kr/p/8oDg3W
I went to Naomi's church on Saturday and met with God in a strong way. I was very surprised. At first I was having trouble worshiping, I just didn't feel like it. I was upset at this as it was a great worship band. I felt i as at a cross-roads and had a decision to make. I could either continue plodding along or take another direction which would be challenging but would make me grow. I chose the challenging direction - I have my seatbelt already tightened. I recommitted my life to God and submitted my future again. I have been struggling with still being single at my age the last little while and have now it go. Not in a way that I don't want to get married but in a calming way that I can move on and be more prayerful about it. There was so much more - I won't write too much as some of it I'm still praying about.
Oh, so many prayers are being answered. But not just answered - they're being answered on a much higher level. This is so encouraging that I'm changing the way I'm praying. I've been reading lots of books on prayer since I've been here and have realised that sometimes I've been praying answers (Lord, please do this...etc) instead of requests. I've also started to pray specifically. I think the most important thing I've had revealed to me is to pray for me. I pray lots for other people but hardly for me. It's difficult for me to think of prayer requests at times but I'm making myself think as we can all do with prayer.
I've certainly had a change of attitude. I don't know if it's because time here is getting shorter or if something else has happened. But I definitely feel different. More positive and upbeat and excited. Watch this space . . . .
I'm still missing friends and family lots but I don't think that's going to change much (well, maybe settle a little) but it's 3 weeks until back in the UK so not too long to go until then.

1 comment:

  1. cathy.....you are amazing!
    youre going through so much but youre still holding on!
    i dont really know what to say, i just wanted to leave you a comment to say im thinking about you and miss you!
    come see me/us when you get back, and i pray you continue to carry on out tehre and help the church and learn serbian (you cant be that bad! well... ;) )
    lots of loveeeeeeee sally xx

    ReplyDelete